When I come across something that I feel is shaping our future, or is simply interesting, I put it here..

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Changing Africa with Cell Phones - Buying new TV for Cell Phone Minutes

Washington Post carried this In War-Torn Congo, Going Wireless to Reach Home. Here in congo, minutes on a cellphone are a commodity that can be used, bartered or sold for cash. While M-commerce has still not picked up in all parts of the developed world, Africa is leading the way with new form of barter trade, using cell phone minutes.

The article quoted one of the cell phone user saying -"I went in empty-handed, but I could still buy something because I had my phone".

And I could not pay for my library dues in United States of America because I did not have cash or check book. But I had my cell phone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home