When I come across something that I feel is shaping our future, or is simply interesting, I put it here..

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Using Internet to chase away Mosquitos!


Korea Times carried this story few days back. Empas Spokesman, the company that developed this application, said - "We employed radio frequencies in the range between 200Hz and 600Hz, which irritates female mosquitoes in the spawning season''. He also added "It is only the female mosquito that you need to worry about since only she dines on animals or people. Male mosquitoes dine merely on nectar. Then missions are completed by keeping females at bay".
Keeping the female part makes perfect sense to me (because then you do not have to worry about male).

I can imagine the use for this in India! Even if there is no electricity, people can run the laptop on battery for few hours, raise the volume to full and huddle next to laptop!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home